Clinical research shows that the definition of fever changes with a child’s age**. What is a normal temperature in a four year old, can be a fever in a new-born. Many parents are not aware. To help interpret temperature at first sight, Braun have developed the Age Precision technology – an age adjustable fever guidance which takes the guesswork out and brings reassurance when it comes to understanding the temperature.
Whereas the tip of other thermometers can cool the area within the ear where the temperature is being measured and result in variable readings, the tip on the ThermoScan 5 is pre-warmed before use, ensuring professional accuracy . The pre-warmed tip also makes for a more pleasant experience for little ones and is suitable for use with newborns.
Patented ExacTemp positioning system confirms good position in the ear with a light and a beep.
Braun ThermoScan 7 features a large LCD display with a nightlight which makes it easy to take the temperature when its dark, reducing the risk of waking the child up.
Designed so you can easily switch between users without having to spend time cleaning the probe. Use a clean disposable hygienic lens filter with each measurement:
1) To maintain hygiene
2) To protect your child from cross-contamination
3) To ensure earwax residues do not impact accuracy of the reading
Here`s how to use and change the lens filter each time
1. Place a new lens filter on the thermometer tip before each measurement
2. Take the temperature with lens filter fitted on the thermometer tip
3. The temperature will be shown on the display
4. Press the button below the thermometer tip to eject the used lens filter after each temperature measurement. Note: Item does not have expiry date, rather date mentioned on the product is manufacturer date.